Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, to me!

I had my 58th birthday (so fast??) on Sunday and we had a small dinner celebration, just one table for my immediate family members at a local restaurant, courtesy of my son. This was my son's first treat since he started working (temporarily) so it tasted doubly good though the dishes were just simple affair and nothing exotic. There was also the usual birthday cake and so with a huff and a puff...........



...........I did it in one blow.

Earlier in the day, my elder daughter has already treated me to a buffet lunch at Shangri-la Hotel and it was difficult to put all the food down as there was so much variety. While we were there, I was moved when a company (most probably a factory) was also giving a treat to all their staff including all their foreign workers. For many of them, it would have been an eye opener and a chance of a lifetime as they would never have dined in a plush hotel on their own since it could have cost them maybe a week's wages. It was indeed heartening to know that there are still such thoughtful companies around in this trying times. I really hope that the buffet lunch is not deducted from their salary!


My younger daughter (jointly with my son-in-law) had also given me my birthday presents, 2 singlets and with a great sense of humour, a vibrating condom! What???? She probably think I'm getting a bit old and needed some shaking up at the right places!


I think I'd better put it down here or my wife will get a little upset (or maybe a lot) if I don't give her a mention; just in case she stumble upon this Blog. You know ladies are very particular about such things and we men must be sensitive to their sensitivity. Yes, I also received birthday gifts from her. She gave me a shirt and T-shirt (both reddish so they'll double up as Chinese New Year wares or wears since CNY is just round the corner) with her mandatory birthday card.


I suppose when you reach this stage of your life, these are the little pleasures that you would enjoy from time to time. (I don't mean that condom!) But the gift that touched me most of all is this birthday card from my grand children, written and drawn in their own hands (on a commercial card).



It's great to know that you are still remembered, when you are still alive. So live everyday that you wake up to to the fullest and be thankful that you can still wake up to another day. Enjoy life (within you means) while you still can. Even though you have longed the EURUSD and it is sliding down the charts and your other PIPS is drawing blanks. Life is much more than that. Cheers.


Ronald Kwok
http://cbpirate.com/s/cbp/ronaldkwok


No comments:

Post a Comment