Saturday, January 10, 2009

Times Warehouse sale

So the year end Christmas shopping spree is over, the new year is now not so new and the kids are all back in schools. Thus I don't understand why Times is having their warehouse sale at this time of the year. I used to visit the Times warehouse sales quite regularly before but after a while, I stopped going since it was like the same stuff all over again. But since today I was near the area of the sale (it is held at Hartamas Shopping Centre or HSC at Plaza Damas near Sri Hartamas) and I was getting hungry - for food, not for books though - I thought I'll just drop over to have a bite and have a look. The ad says up to 90% discount so why not?

I was pleasantly surprised. First I thought the sale was on because the Times bookshop at HSC is closing down but no, it was a full scale warehouse sale and the selection was pretty big and varied. Secondly, most of the titles do not have that familiar feeling about them so maybe skipping the few previous warehouse sales helped. Thirdly, the prices were good, at least for many of the items - new titles, 30%, older ones, up to 90% (but mostly 50%), some paperbacks, RM10 flat and some titles, 3 for RM10. There are also VCD's and DVD's on sale.

If you are a fan of Complete Idiot's Guide, there are quite a number of titles going for RM22, though many are 2003 editions and earlier. (Looks like the Dummies are hammering the Idiots out of existence, I don't mean at the sale here but just look at any bookshops and you'll know what I mean. That is if you admit you are an Idiot or a Dummy or both.)

As usual, the problem is that the books are not arranged in any order so be prepared to spend a couple of hours to look for what you want. It is definitely worth a visit if you have any liking for books. The sale will be on until 18 January so you still have time to rush over there.

BTW, the Times bookshop is still surviving at HSC and all "for Dummies" titles there are going with a 20% discount so now is a good time to be a Dummy. Happy reading.

Ronald Kwok
http://ronaldkwok.atomicblog.hop.clickbank.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment